Happy Halloween everyone!
I apologize for my lack of posts recently. I have ideas, but just the sitting down and typing is getting away from me! Especially with my big news. I’m moving!!! 🙂 Yes, I am!! Officially this time! My dad and I have decided just to do it, pull of the bandaid and go! Plus, I think it’s much easier to get a job when you have an address in a state. Being 4 1/2 hours away has made it difficult.
So Southern Maine here we come! 🙂
But back to Halloween! Yah!! I hope you all have a SAFE night!!
I must say, I am very happy to see that the news stations in NY decided to postpone the Halloween festivities. It certainly wouldn’t seem “right” considering all that has happened. I truly hope that everyone is safe and well! 😦 I can’t imagine having to go home and have lost all of my possessions. Heck, during my own packing, I realized HOW MANY photos I keep in the basement. I certainly need to do something with those!
We are in Upstate NY/Capital region, so we missed it all. Just lots of wind and barely any rain. My heart just absolutely breaks seeing the videos and photos 😦 In my thoughts and prayers! xoxo
I did post a photo of Fumble’s Halloween photo this morning! We were inside due to the storm, so I got creative with his costume this year.
It’s sort of an odd choice for him because he is anti everything doggie exercise. Sleeps about 22 hours out of the day!:P
I hope those of you that ARE taking part in Halloween this year make some wise choices! Here are my tips!
- If you are going to eat treats today, just don’t binge out on them! This is a great way to avoid food guilt later. You can taste a few things, but it’s okay to throw it out and not finish it. It took me a long time to come to that “no waste” conflict, but it was worth it. I will have a few bites of something and then stop, think, “is my craving satisfied?” and then move on!
- If you’re going to a party, eat before you go! Don’t go hungry, because you’re more likely to eat too many heavy foods at once, and then you’ll just feel blah! Eat clean through the day with some healthy protein. MOre energy for Monster Mashing! 😛
- Get out and walk to trick or treat! If it’s not raining, get out after/before dinner! Walking is still a great way to be active!
- Beware, the candy jar!! You can mindlessly eat those M&M’s over and over!! I try to trick myself to STOP to eat them! I always get in the goodies first, and then I remember everyone’s hands in the jar! That stops me right there! If i do take a little bit, I will take a handful, that’s it and walk away.
- If you are going to pick from your kids goodie bags or your own leftovers of treats to hand out, here are some healthier choices:
Dark Chocolate Miniature treat Serving Size: 5 pieces 200 calories; 13g fat; 7g saturated fat 18g sugar
Kit Kat Snack Size Serving Size: 3 packs 210 calories; 11g fat; 7g saturated fat 21g sugar
Raisinets, Snack Pack Serving Size: 1 box 150 calories; 6g fat; 3.5g saturated fat; 22g sugar
3 Musketeers Minis Serving Size: 7 pieces 170 calories; 5g fat; 3.5g saturated fat; 27g sugar
Now and Laters Serving Size: 9 pieces 120 calories; 1g fat; 0g saturated fat; 22g sugar
New York Peppermint Patty1 full-size bar contains 165 calories, 3 grams of fat, 27 grams sugar
Tootsie Roll 1 small Tootsie Roll contains 50 calories, 1 grams fat, 10g sugar
Peanut M&Ms 1 Fun Size Pouch contains 90 calories, 5 grams fat, 9 grams sugar
Charms Blow Pops One Charms Blow Pop contains 60 calories, 0 fat, and 13 grams of sugar.
Do you dress your pets up for Halloween??
What is your favorite Halloween Candy??